November 24, 2011

Thankful

'Tis the season, and since we're celebrating all the things that make us thankful today, I wanted to share those things that I'm most grateful for in my life.
  1. Awesome family. They're incredible. We have so much fun laughing and eating and goofing off. We eat way too much pie. We all have the gollywoggles afterward. What are the gollywoggles you ask? That icky feeling in your tummy after you've eaten too many sweets. I got the term from my wonderful mother, and I've converted quite a few to the word gollywoggle.
  2. My own sweet girls and wonderful husband. They're the constant in my life, the sun I revolve around. They bring me the biggest joy and the biggest frustration. I wouldn't have it any other way. They're amazing and fulfilling.
  3. You. My readers. Thank you, thank you, thank you. What can I say more? I love the writing, but I love even more that people actually like reading it. You're the ones that make all this worth it.
  4. My faith. I know Jesus Christ is my savior. That brings me the peace I need every day of this life. That faith gets me through the hard times, buoys me along during the good times, and steers my course during everything in between.
  5. Being able to write. It's always been a dream of mine to write everyday. Thanks to my husband and my girls, they let me do it. And it makes me so happy.
There are too many others to name, but right now, those are the biggest. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I love the gollywoggle word :) My grandmother used it to mean "tall tale" or that she might think you were embellishing a bit too much. She would look at us and ask "Are you telling me a gollywoggle? or "That't quite a gollywoggle."

    ReplyDelete